Personas theme

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Personas theme

Post by Gloria E »

Has anyone use the Personas theme? I've never use themes before, so I thought I'd ask first. :scratch:

Gloria E
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

HansV
Administrator

Re: Personas theme

Post by HansV »

I took a quick look at Personas when I installed Firefox 3.6, and decided it's not for me. I see my browser as a tool to be used, not as a Christmas tree to be decorated...
Best wishes,
Hans

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Gloria E wrote:Has anyone use the Personas theme?
I can't answer yet because I haven't upgraded to Fx 3.6 yet because of the GIF bug AND...

Prior to 3.6 there was (is) a Personas addon that I DO use. It's not a big deal and let's you design a graphic and color scheme for the top of the Firefox page - see attachment.

I hope the built-in version is as easy to use.
2010-02-10_142543.png
    (Upper-right corner of my Fx screen)

(Sorry Hans! Christmas tree? Wow!)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

HansV wrote:...I see my browser as a tool to be used, not as a Christmas tree to be decorated...
:laugh: That was exactly my reaction, to this feature.
StuartR

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

And, we have avatars, wallpapers, screensavers and all manner of other "decorations" if we're on a bent to cleaning house of "non-functional" things in Windows.

Grinches you lot!

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

Bigaldoc wrote:And, we have avatars, wallpapers, screensavers and all manner of other "decorations"...
I will invite you round to see my PC sometime. Black screensaver, plain wallpaper and no decorations. but I guess that is why they call it a Personal Computer.
StuartR

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

You pay the airfare and I WILL BRING the beer!

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

HansV wrote:I took a quick look at Personas when I installed Firefox 3.6, and decided it's not for me. I see my browser as a tool to be used, not as a Christmas tree to be decorated...
From what I've read here, I've decided to forget about "decorating" my browser.

Gloria E
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

Brooke
NewLounger

Post by Brooke »

StuartR wrote:Black screensaver, plain wallpaper and no decorations.
Ditto here. computers are a tool. :ranton: I hate the Fischer-Price effect.:rantoff:

Ailios
Lounger

Post by Ailios »

I generally following and agree with all of you, except I found a simple cat theme in Personas that puts a black & white cat's face in my upper right corner where it's not interfering or bothering my browser any. Just can't help myself when it comes to kitties. They lend a calming effect for me and I could use all the help I can get with my hectic job. Outside of that, I didn't like any of the others I saw. Far to complex, confusing and noisy. That's why I agree. But darn me and cats . . . and chocolate.
Daisy