Issue with shortcut menu

agibsonsw
SilverLounger

Issue with shortcut menu

Post by agibsonsw »

Hello. Firefox version 3.6.13.

I updated a couple of add-ons - Firebug and Adblock Plus if I recall correctly - and maybe Aptana debugger. FF was behaving a little oddly but it appeared to settle down. But when I right-click I get an odd looking shortcut menu with a huge empty space and little navigation arrows sometimes at the top and bottom (see exciting screenshot).

Has anyone come across this? I'm a little reluctant to update my version, although I suspect this will be the solution offered :smile: Andy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"I'm here to save your life. But if I'm going to do that, I'll need total uninanonynymity." Me Myself & Irene.

stuckling1
2StarLounger

Re: Issue with shortcut menu

Post by stuckling1 »

I've never seen this.

Apart from the old Try disabling your Addons one by one to see if you can eliminate or isolate the problem, I don't know.

Clearly I have different addons installed to you but this is my context menu...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

As the little lad said (OK so he's taller than me but let's not split hairs), the old disable your plugins and then put them back one at at time until the problem reappears is the simplest way to diagnose something like this.

Why are you reluctant to update? If you don't want to move up to the express train that is FF4, 5,... you can still update to the latest FF 3.6.x here:
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-older.html

Ken

agibsonsw
SilverLounger

Post by agibsonsw »

Hi.
This issue seems to have resolved itself.. somehow :scratch:

I'm reluctant to upgrade my browsers because:
As a web developer (he, he) I'm happy to work with a slightly older version;
My version 3.6.13 works very well for me (apart from this recent issue, which seems to have disappeared);
I read of a few complaints, annoyances, with FF4.

I don't quite understand people's rush for the latest version of apps; unless is faster, more stable..

@stuck - I bet you're glad you asked :grin:
"I'm here to save your life. But if I'm going to do that, I'll need total uninanonynymity." Me Myself & Irene.

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

agibsonsw wrote:I don't quite understand people's rush for the latest version of apps
Which is why I gave a link to the latest old version in the FF 3.6 branch.

Ken

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Well, I have to say that MOST of my reason for keeping up with the "latest" in Firefox has been that there's always some mention of "security" issues and so I update.

There have been a few Fx feature updates that are OK, but nothing that I've been "craving" for. Whenever the software peddlers use the word "security" I usually jump right on the bandwagon, albeit over-cautious maybe!