Firefox 4 Tab Colour

Cah
3StarLounger

Firefox 4 Tab Colour

Post by Cah »

Does anyone know how I can set up Firefox 4 so that all tabs are the same colour (of my choosing) except the Active tab which I want to set to a different colour. This should be achievable with CSS but I've been unable to find a way that works. Thanks

Cah
3StarLounger

Re: Firefox 4 Tab Colour

Post by Cah »

Sorry - for some reason the extension Tab Mix Lite had switched on its colorful tabs. After switching that setting off I found the following code works in userChrome.cs:

Code: Select all

/* Change Color of Active tab */
    tab{
    -moz-appearance: none !important; }

tab[selected="true"] {
    background-image: none !important;
    background-color: #6182A2 !important;
    color: white !important; }
Now all I need to do is find a theme I can live with. I was using StrataStripe but it isn't compatible, sigh...

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Why not just use the add-on called Colorful Tabs? I don't know how much control it gives you of the color of each tab, but I do know that the colors are independent of themes.

HTH
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

Cah
3StarLounger

Post by Cah »

Thanks, last time I tried that it gave no control over the colour at all. It's kind of reverse of what I want in that it gives every tab a different colour whereas I only want the active tab to have a different colour. I had used Aging Tabs to get the effect I wanted but that is not compatible with FF4. In any case the css rules seem to do the trick.