Conversions

BobH
UraniumLounger

Conversions

Post by BobH »

I found and installed an add-on to Firefox (might be available to other browsers, IDK) called Everything Metric - Auto Unit converter. If I just type in 80°F the add-on will convert it automatically. I also see conversions from other people's posts too. (I didn't key the [27°C].)
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Re: Conversions

Post by stuck »

If I ever want a conversion, I just type it into the search bar in FF and Google tells me the answer, no add-on required.

Ken

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

I like the fact that it does it 'automagically'. I can use the systems I'm familiar with and the add-on converts it and adds it to my posts. I used to bring up the calculator, switch it to whatever measurement conversion was called for, enter the raw value, capture the converted value, then add it to my posts.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

BobH wrote:
05 Jan 2023, 00:12
I found and installed an add-on to Firefox (might be available to other browsers, IDK) called Everything Metric - Auto Unit converter. If I just type in 80°F the add-on will convert it automatically. I also see conversions from other people's posts too. (I didn't key the [27°C].)
Ooh now that I have Everything Metric, you and I have one less thing to haggle over :evilgrin:
Have you found the setting that changes to C and then eliminates the original reference so that this:
01.png
will look like this:
02.png
Thanks for eliminating another bone of contention between Burma, Liberaia, and the USA and me :hello:
Cheers
Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

I gave up contending with bones for Lent some years back. :grin:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

BobH wrote:
06 Jan 2023, 01:25
I gave up contending with bones for Lent some years back. :grin:
(12) BobH might be amused by the operation of his Conversions link. It converts within a system, for example "feet to miles", not just between systems.

I shall have to look further into this. I carefully worded everything in Imperial, just for you, Bob :grin:, and felt that the automatic conversions back to metric was irrelevant because, mostly, I was not concerned with specific units. I was looking for relative values such as 1/24th and 1/30th.

Cheers, Chris
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle