FF says something went wrong on twitter

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

FF says something went wrong on twitter

Post by stuck »

I have a bookmark to stuckling2's Twitter feed. Until the latest FF update it behaved like every other bookmark, click on it and you landed on the page. Now the first time I click on the bookmark I land on a Twitter page that says 'oops something went wrong'. The 'try again' button on that error page does nothing, I just get the 'oops..' error again but if I simply click on the bookmark a second time I reach stuckling2's Twitter feed.

Has any one else seen anything similar?

NB:
1) Remaking the bookmark hasn't helped.
2) I don't have a Twitter account.
3) I'm not aware that stuckling2 has changed the way his feed behaves.
4) If you want to test what happens when you visit stuckling2's Twitter feed you'll have to ask for the URL via a PM.

I'm thinking either this is something Twitter has done, to 'encourage' me to create / log in to a Twitter account or it's something in the latest FF update that's upsetting Twitter.

Ken

Leif
Administrator

Re: FF says something went wrong on twitter

Post by Leif »

I have occasional come across something similar.

Have you tried any other Twitter account? Not having a Twitter account either, I picked this at random from the news:
Mark Drakeford (@fmwales) / Twitter
Leif

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

That link gives the same effect. first time I used it, I got the 'oops..' page. Now it works as expected, though I suspect it will 'break again if I close and restart FF.

Ken

Argus
GoldLounger

Post by Argus »

Seen it recently, on several different ... feeds/micro blogs/public twitter account postings. I didn't bother to stay long enough to notice any button on the page, I simply hit F5 and refreshed the page. Been like that for a week or so, it seems.
Byelingual    When you speak two languages but start losing vocabulary in both of them.

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

OK, so it's not just me, thanks for the feedback.

I suppose the next thing to try is a different browser but the only others I have are IE 11 and Edge (original, non Chromium) both of which are obsolete. so I'd have to download and install Google Chrome, it being the most popular browser these days. Or then again probably not. Effort to investigate >> effort of reloading the problem page
:smile:

Ken