Missing Bookmark Bar

BobH
UraniumLounger

Missing Bookmark Bar

Post by BobH »

Before today I had a number of frequently used URLs in a bookmark bar just below the address window bar in Firefox 63.0.3. I've looked in Tools>Options and in the View menu but cannot find the magic that will allow me to create a bar and place my favorite bookmarks in it.

Can anyone help this dementia prone old man ?

:cheers: :chocciebar: :thankyou:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

Argus
GoldLounger

Re: Missing Bookmark Bar

Post by Argus »

What do you see in the view menu?
2018-11-17_A.png
Or if you right-click on the toolbar.
2018-11-17_B.png
Does your old thread help?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Byelingual    When you speak two languages but start losing vocabulary in both of them.

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

My menus look the same as yours, Argus. I can't seem to get screenshots.

I had forgotten about having this problem before. i'll go through process again and see if it fixes things.

Thanks for the reminder. Getting old is no fun. :hairout:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

Argus
GoldLounger

Post by Argus »

If the space is there but no bookmarks, see this support thread (this option is also mentioned as one of several, on the page linked to by Bob in the other thread, but here are some images):

https://support.mozilla.org/sv/questions/1210830" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Byelingual    When you speak two languages but start losing vocabulary in both of them.

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

I'm happy to report that my Bookmarks bar in Firefox has returned. I used the same process of downloading a fresh copy, then uninstalling it, then installing the new copy and running the refresh process . . . exactly as I did the first time I reported this problem. I think I need new memory. :scratch:

Thank to all who suggested solutions.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)