Bookmarks Toolbar Cannot be Displayed

BobH
UraniumLounger

Bookmarks Toolbar Cannot be Displayed

Post by BobH »

I've been having ISP problems today. In addition to the sometimes connections, Firefox lost its bookmarks toolbar. I cannot get it to display. Probably, it has nothing to do with the ISP signal problems; but I've not been able to get the bookmarks to display.

I downloaded a fresh copy of Firefox from Mozilla then deleted the installed version. I then ran Malwarebytes (it found nothing) then installed the downloaded Firefox. Still, the View>Toolbars(bookmarks) fails to display the bookmarks toolbar even though it is checked in the drop down menu.

I'm running FxQ v.62.02 on a fully updated (I think) Win10.

Has anyone experienced and resolved this?
:cheers: :chocciebar: :thankyou:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Re: Bookmarks Toolbar Cannot be Displayed

Post by viking33 »

Does this link help any?

Show Bookmarks
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

BobH
UraniumLounger

Re: Bookmarks Toolbar Cannot be Displayed

Post by BobH »

Yep, that worked.

In fact, I didn't find the folders that the article mentioned. I found one generic Mozilla folder that I deleted. I ran disk cleanup. Loaded Chrome to download a fresh copy of Fx and installed it. The bookmarks toolbar did not reappear then, but I was prompted to run a Firefox cleanup process. After that process the bookmarks toolbar appeared but the menu toolbar did not. I found it in the address bar band/ribbon by right clicking in the blank area and choosing the menu bar.

All is well now, I think.

Thanks, VikingBob!!!
:cheers: :chocciebar: :thankyou:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs