Firefox 3.6.8 released

TonyE
3StarLounger

Firefox 3.6.8 released

Post by TonyE »

A few days after the last release, Mozilla have released Firefox 3.6.8 to fix a security issue which was affecting some pages containing plugins.

Available from the built-in update system, or from Mozilla.
Firefox 3.6.8 - Firefox 3.6.8 Release Notes
Tony

HansV
Administrator

Re: Firefox 3.6.8 released

Post by HansV »

That's quick!
Best wishes,
Hans

TonyE
3StarLounger

Post by TonyE »

I think a part of the reason for the rush was to fix the issue before the BlackHat Technical Security Conference which starts tomorrow.
Tony

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

I found my home PC was in the middle of downloading 3.6.7 when I went to check for updates having read this. Once it had finished with 3.6.7, I was able to get 3.6.8.

Ken

TonyE
3StarLounger

Post by TonyE »

If the BlackHat conference throws up any new security issues for Mozilla, then expect 3.6.9 to follow soon after. Mozilla usually fix published security issues quickly.
Tony

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

TonyE wrote:If the BlackHat conference throws up any new security issues for Mozilla, then expect 3.6.9 to follow soon after. Mozilla usually fix published security issues quickly.
Yeah, I'd say so... I just installed 3.6.7 a couple of days ago...

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

Thanks, I have installed the upgrade on most of my PCs, the others will get done over the weekend.

One of my PCs would not download the update, it returned an error message saying "Update XML malformed (200)" or something very similar. I had to download the latest version manually and install it. Any idea what could have caused this?
StuartR

TonyE
3StarLounger

Post by TonyE »

StuartR wrote:Thanks, I have installed the upgrade on most of my PCs, the others will get done over the weekend.

One of my PCs would not download the update, it returned an error message saying "Update XML malformed (200)" or something very similar. I had to download the latest version manually and install it. Any idea what could have caused this?
The full error would have been "AUS Update XML File Malformed 200 ", for details on possible causes see http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/AUS ... formed+200
Tony

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

TonyE wrote:...for details on possible causes see http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/AUS ... formed+200
Thanks, I went through all the steps in that article, and I will wait till there is another update to see if it now works OK.
StuartR