Tab Utilities

TonyE
3StarLounger

Tab Utilities

Post by TonyE »

I do not usually post about Firefox add-ons, but this new-comer has impressed me.

Tab Utilities is a lightweight but powerful tabbed browsing add-on. It allows you to customize tabbed browsing to suit your needs, adding many useful features. The add-on was only made public about a week ago, but in that time the author has responded to users to improve this add-on. One new feature I particularly like is the authors implementation of app tabs, a feature planned for Firefox 4. In this add-on the feature is currently called "Faviconize tab", though that is likely to change.

This add-on has replaced the popular add-on Tab Mix Plus in my main Firefox profiles, and that was one add-on I heavily relied on.

Note that this is a very new add-on, it is currently listed as experimental on the Mozilla add-ons site. This means that it has not yet undergone the public review process and has not yet been tested by the editorial team at the add-ons site. For more on experimental add-ons see https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... tal-addons" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tony

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Re: Tab Utilities

Post by Hey Jude »

WOW!~~! I really rely on Tab Mix Plus as well so I will have to check this one out on my 7 machine. That's my guinea pig now for all the things I want to experiment with. Thanks Tony :thumbup:
♫...Take a sad song and make it better . . .♫ Image