Firefox/Waterfox Puzzlement

BobH
UraniumLounger

Firefox/Waterfox Puzzlement

Post by BobH »

I ran CCleaner today. Usually, all is well after I do this because I have the cookies for websites I visit frequently (and trust) preserved against deletion. I am using Waterfox (which is a rough equivalent to Firefox, as I understand it); and when I opened it, the usual tabs opened but several of them are not displaying properly. Woot.com appears like this:
woot.jpg
as if the HTML is not being parsed.

Another shows up but without images appearing. Yet another shows up in all its HTML glory.

What did my phat phingers phind?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

HansV
Administrator

Re: Firefox/Waterfox Puzzlement

Post by HansV »

Your screenshot shows that the style sheet of that page hasn't loaded. This usually means that a timeout occurred while the page was loading. This can be caused by problems on the server hosting the web page, or a slowdown somewhere along the way. In general, the problem is not on your side. I'd try again after a while.
Best wishes,
Hans

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Thanks, Hans!

The other URLs cleared up on their own; so hit the nail on the head with your network glitch diagnosis - as usual! :thankyou:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

agibsonsw
SilverLounger

Post by agibsonsw »

I'm getting this on my Windows 8 computer - I'm using Google Chrome. I'm often having to load a page once or twice more before it displays correctly. Is it just me?

I also use CCleaner but it is not related to this as it is an ongoing issue. I'm on a broadband connection but I didn't have this issue with Windows 7, using the same dongle.
"I'm here to save your life. But if I'm going to do that, I'll need total uninanonynymity." Me Myself & Irene.