Firefox extension AdBlock Plus

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Firefox extension AdBlock Plus

Post by John Gray »

Is anyone other than me noticing that AdBlock Plus seems to allow through considerably more adverts than it used to?
Even adding "FanBoy's List" to my usual "EasyList" does not seem to improve matters.
Previously "an almost advert-free Firefox browsing experience" could be almost guaranteed...
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your hospital appointment letter indicates that you won't be seeing the Consultant...

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Re: Firefox extension AdBlock Plus

Post by Bigaldoc »

I have to admit, John, that I haven't noticed any changes lately. But I'll start paying more attention to see if it's just been sneaking by without me noticing.

TonyE
3StarLounger

Post by TonyE »

AdBlock Plus now includes an option to allow acceptable ads. The author of AdBlock Plus decided to enable it by default, but you can easily switch that option off. To disable it click the AdBlock Plus button and select "Filter Preferences". The option to disable this feature is on the "Filter subscriptions" tab.

https://adblockplus.org/en/acceptable-ads" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tony

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

TonyE wrote:AdBlock Plus now includes an option to allow acceptable ads. The author of AdBlock Plus decided to enable it by default, but you can easily switch that option off. To disable it click the AdBlock Plus button and select "Filter Preferences". The option to disable this feature is on the "Filter subscriptions" tab.
I'd removed the tick from this Filter preferences box some time ago, actually!
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your hospital appointment letter indicates that you won't be seeing the Consultant...

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

John, if you care to share a link that's not private or personal, I'd be happy to see if we "see" the same stuff.

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

Thank you for your kind offer! All I have to do now is to find an instance of what I was talking about...
John Gray