Nirsoft's Password Fox

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Nirsoft's Password Fox

Post by Bigaldoc »

I mentioned this in a thread on the Security forum, so I thought I'd add it here for those who may be interested.

Password Fox is better than the Firefox Options selection for viewing passwords stored in your profile. There is more info available and the list is nicely sortable. I've been using it for some time because I have SO MANY passwords stored for SO MANY sites that I have a hard time keeping track of them.

Of course, one wouldn't want to use this utility on a computer used by a number of users for the sake of security and privacy. But my home computer is ONLY used by me and occasionally my son (whom I trust).

After downloading an update today, I made one test that I hadn't done before. I changed a password for a site I frequent, while Password Fox was running, hit its Refresh key and the new password was listed.

PasswordFox - Reveal the user names/passwords stored in Firefox

To me, Nirsoft is a trusted site and I use several of his utilities, such as WhatInStartup. Those that I'm familiar with require no installation.

StuartR
Administrator

Re: Nirsoft's Password Fox

Post by StuartR »

That's a useful utility, especially since it doesn't need to be installed.
StuartR

BobH
UraniumLounger

Re: Nirsoft's Password Fox

Post by BobH »

Thanks, BigAl!
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs