Firefox 13 Release Notes

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Firefox 13 Release Notes

Post by Bigaldoc »

Firefox Notes - Desktop

I noticed the difference in vertical scrolling right away, smooth or not...

When I opened a new tab I got a shock...

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Re: Firefox 13 Release Notes

Post by John Gray »

I'd be interested in disabling this New Tab feature, since "too much information"!
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your hospital appointment letter indicates that you won't be seeing the Consultant...

PaulB
BronzeLounger

Post by PaulB »

John, open a new tab then click on the 3x3 graphic in the upper right corner of the new window. No more "too much information"!
Regards,
Paul

The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The realist adjusts his sails.

TonyE
3StarLounger

Post by TonyE »

To revert to using a blank tab without the option to show the 9 sites, you can change a preference in the about:config page.

Locate the preference browser.newtab.url and double-click on it and change its value to about:blank
Tony

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

Thanks, folks - "all gone"!
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your hospital appointment letter indicates that you won't be seeing the Consultant...

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

I like Paul's method because you can always click it back on if you like without messing with the config settings.

(I'm still trying to "adjust" to the smooth scroll option because it's not bad but will take a little getting used to, visually. So I don't want to turn it off, which can be done in Options/Advanced.)

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Of no matter to anyone probably, but I finally turned OFF both the smooth scrolling and new tab thingies. Both were getting a tad annoying to me.

TonyE
3StarLounger

Post by TonyE »

For info there is going to be a Firefox 13.0.1 released, probably on Friday. It will contain 3 fixes:
  • Fix an issue with Hotmail auto-updates not working
  • CSS 'height' property on a multi-column block is not respected
  • Some combinations of Hebrew vowels and consonants not displayed in certain fonts with harfbuzz
Separate from the 13.0.1 update, Mozilla blocked the Real Player Browser Record plugin yesterday as it was causing problems with Flash 11.3. The block will be enabled once the new blocklist is downloaded. This process is automatic with Firefox checking for an updated blocklist once a day.
Tony