.NET 4.0 Full

Timelord
4StarLounger

.NET 4.0 Full

Post by Timelord »

I am not sure if this should go under Windows or Other Applications so I chose in alphabetical order. We are going to do our first implementation of our software for Thailand and so the web server and the database and other servers will need to be set to work in Thai. No problem so far but someone in our QA department said that we will need the .NET 4.0 Full Thai version...I have been unable to find that and am beginning to doubt there is such a thing. Is the .Net 4.0 available in languages other than English or is already all encompassing?

Thanks
Who will you Inspire today?

HansV
Administrator

Re: .NET 4.0 Full

Post by HansV »

I think the basic .NET library works in all languages, but error messages will be in English by default. There are language packs for .NET 4.0 that translate text such as error messages to another language. But there isn't such a pack for Thai:
x1400.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

Timelord wrote:I am not sure if this should go under Windows or Other Applications so I chose in alphabetical order. We are going to do our first implementation of our software for Thailand and so the web server and the database and other servers will need to be set to work in Thai. No problem so far but someone in our QA department said that we will need the .NET 4.0 Full Thai version...I have been unable to find that and am beginning to doubt there is such a thing. Is the .Net 4.0 available in languages other than English or is already all encompassing?

Thanks
I'd wait till there are other confirmations of this but my suspicion is that it is WINDOWS in Thai language that is required. It would follow that it would then have the latest Thai .NET version included as part of the Windows system itself. ( or available as an update )
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Timelord
4StarLounger

Post by Timelord »

Hans, thank you.

Bob, we have some customers in Japan setup and we were able to use English for the OS without a problem so I think we should be ok for that too. We do need to use localization and set that to Thai, after that we can still see everything in English but the dates and such will be stored in Thai.

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

Timelord wrote:I am not sure if this should go under Windows or Other Applications...
:innocent: I would have put it in VB/VBA/.Net

Perhaps it will move there as if by magic?

Ken

Timelord
4StarLounger

Post by Timelord »

DOH! :groan:

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

And, as if by magic, the thread moved to the VB/VBA/.Net forum... :grin: