Pivot Chart Problem Take Two

grovelli
4StarLounger

Pivot Chart Problem Take Two

Post by grovelli »

I prefer to restart from a clean slate, I have cleaned the files from unnecessary references so here it is, the question in its final form:
On the startup form of either attached mdb, select "Portata Povo" then, on the calendar, select 1 September 2009, click on the button that says, "set start date", on the calendar select 30 September 2009 and click on the button that says, "set end date" and click the Chart button.
In one mdb, the chart displays with the data line in it, while in the other one the line is absent. The form record source is the same query though, in the chart that doesn't work, it draws its data from a table that was originally in SQL Server.
Can anybody explain this?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

grovelli
4StarLounger

Re: Pivot Chart Problem Take Two

Post by grovelli »

I've found the solution. I had to open the pivot chart field list and drag the Data field to the category area. I don't understand why, when you copy the PortPov form from the file that works to the file that doesn't, the pivot chart loses the Data field from the category area.

AccessJunkie
NewLounger

Post by AccessJunkie »

Glad to hear you found a solution to your problem. Thanks for posting back to the group with your resolution.

--------------------
Jeff Conrad - Access Junkie - MVP Alumnus
SDET II - Access Test Team - Microsoft Corporation

Author - Microsoft Access 2010 Inside Out
Co-author - Microsoft Office Access 2007 Inside Out
Access 2007/2010 Info: http://www.AccessJunkie.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

----------
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at
http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.mspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
----------

grovelli
4StarLounger

Post by grovelli »

Thanks Jeff :-)
Care to take a look at this?