Missing User Form

Graeme
Cosmic Lounger

Missing User Form

Post by Graeme »

Good afternoon.

I just posted this on the Windows Secrets forum, my first visit there since it changed. But then I found the link to here so I've signed up and posted the same question. I hope that's ok? It all looks much more familiar here!

The attached file is a copy of part of the spreadsheet we use to log our method statements. In order to speed up the data entry process a user form opens when a cell containing a date is selected, then the user clicks on a date on the form to populate the cell.

The spreadsheet is saved on a shared drive on the company network and it works fine on my machine and some others but the user form refuses to appear when the spreadsheet is opened on some other machines.

Can anyone tell me where I need to look to fix the problem please?

Regards

Graeme
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

http://www.averywayobservatory.co.uk/

HansV
Administrator

Re: Missing User Form

Post by HansV »

Hi Graeme,

Welcome to Eileen's Lounge!

If a user has macro security set to high, macros and userforms will be disabled. Users should set macro security (in Tools | Macro | Security) to Medium and enable macros when asked.

(In Excel 2007 and later, it's different - you have to store the workbook in a 'trusted location')
Best wishes,
Hans

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

HansV wrote:...If a user has macro security set to high, macros and userforms will be disabled. Users should set macro security (in Tools | Macro | Security) to Medium and enable macros when asked...
Alternatively you can sign the project with a digital certificate that is trusted by your users. How you get this certificate depends on your organization, but if there is nothing in place already you could buy a certificate from somewhere like Verisign.
StuartR

Graeme
Cosmic Lounger

Post by Graeme »

Hans

Thanks for the quick reply and the welcome.

The level of security is set to Medium on all machines. Forgot to mention that we're using Office 2003!

The error message that comes up when a date cell is clicked is attached.

Just spotted your reply Stuart. Thanks for that but if I can find out why some machines are running the macro and then get the other machines to do it too that would do.

Regards

Graeme
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

It looks like it might be a problem with the Calendar control, see this article on the Word MVP Site
StuartR

Graeme
Cosmic Lounger

Post by Graeme »

Good article. We all have the same references checked, as attached.

The only other Reference that has calender in it's title that I can find is MS Project Calender Control.

Could be that the machines which are unable to run the macro have a corupt copy of the relevant Object Library? I've sent an email to our IT people to come and fix it.

Thanks for your help and I'm glad that I've found this place, I'll go have a look around now!

Regards

Graeme

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

The checked libraries are pretty standard, it's unlikely that they cause the problem.

I think Stuart has hit the nail on the head. The calendar control on the userform is not installed on every PC - it comes with Microsoft Access, which is part of Microsoft Office Professional, not of the standard edition of MS Office.

You can download the calendar control from I Don't Have a Copy of mscal.ocx Calendar Control (choose the Office 2003 version, and read the instruction on the web page), and install it on one of the problem PCs to see if that helps.
Best wishes,
Hans

Graeme
Cosmic Lounger

Post by Graeme »

That's the one! Thanks Hans.

The machines which are able to run the macro have Access installed and the ones that can't haven't.

I will still need to ask our IT people to register mscal.ocx as we all have the Run command disabled but at least I know what to ask for now.

Regards

Graeme

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

Graeme,

It would be polite to post a note on the other forum saying that you now have an answer, to avoid people wasting their time researching your problem.
StuartR

Graeme
Cosmic Lounger

Post by Graeme »

Will do Stuart.