No sheet tabs across bottom of workbook

ABabeNChrist
SilverLounger

No sheet tabs across bottom of workbook

Post by ABabeNChrist »

I have been trying to help a friend with a problem that he seems to be having. He is unable to view the individual sheet tabs across the bottom of his excel 2007 workbook. He has been using this workbook for some time with no problems and he’s not sure what he may have done to cause this. We tried a few different things. We first tried selecting the Office button / Excel options / Advanced / Display options for this workbook / and checked the box that says "Show sheet tabs. The check box was already checked.
We noticed that if we select Full screen or Ctrl + F1 the sheet tabs become visible but the toolbar is gone and then switching back to normal view the sheet tabs are once again hidden.
And we also noticed that if a new workbook was opened that all sheet tabs are visible as it should.
Any thoughts what this might be.

HansV
Administrator

Re: No sheet tabs across bottom of workbook

Post by HansV »

If the sheet is not maximized within Excel, the sheet tabs could be out of sight below the status bar. If so, maximize the sheet window within Excel.

The slider indicated by the arrow in the screenshot below can be used to drag the separator between the sheet tabs and the horizontal scroll bar to the left or right. If this slider has been dragged all the way to the left, the sheet tabs will be hidden. Drag the slider to the right to see (more of) the sheet tabs.
x423.png
And if this slider is near the group of navigation buttons on the left hand side (also indicated), the sheet tabs could be shifted under the navigation buttons. Click the leftmost of these buttons to get the sheet tabs back in view.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

ABabeNChrist
SilverLounger

Post by ABabeNChrist »

Here on the USA west coast it’s almost midnight and I believe my friend may be fast asleep so there no way for me to check at this present moment. But if I’m not mistaken I believe he may have mentioned that whole row including slide bar was not visible either.

I tried to simulate what you mentioned but if the slider was sled all the way over then when you select Full view the tabs are still hidden behind slider. But in his case they become visible

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Your friend could try this:
- Clear the check box "Show sheet tabs" in Excel Options > Advanced.
- Click OK.
- Tick the check box "Show sheet tabs" in Excel Options > Advanced.
- Click OK.

If that doesn't help either, the most likely explanation is that the workbook window is not maximized within Excel and that the bar with the sheet tabs and horizontal ruler is hidden behind Excel's status bar.
Best wishes,
Hans

ABabeNChrist
SilverLounger

Post by ABabeNChrist »

When he gets up will give this a try :crossfingers:
Thanks Hans

ABabeNChrist
SilverLounger

Post by ABabeNChrist »

Problem has been solved. It turns out that his screen resolution was changed when he bought a graphic card. Once the resolution was reset the worksheets tabs then became visible. He didn’t put one and two together about the new graphic card at first.
Thank you for all you helpful advice.