Rolling 13 month Bar Chart –By defining a ‘start point’?

gdhinsa
NewLounger

Rolling 13 month Bar Chart –By defining a ‘start point’?

Post by gdhinsa »

Office Version:Office 2003 Operating System:Windows XP

Hi Guy’s,
I am trying to create a dynamic bar chart, I’ve looked at many ideas on the web from ‘DEFINE NAME’, ‘OFFSET’ and etc, however still not having any luck.
I have a table that has 2 years of data by 13 periods for each year (with a lot of sumif’s in my chart table reading from the raw data), so the future periods would currently show as zero’s.
What I want to do is to define a starting point, for example I want my chart to show p9 2009 to p8 2010. Then next month the chart to start at p10 2009 and show the next 13 periods.
**WITH taking into account my table has two years data already in the table (future periods have zero's)** So I will not be adding futre periods each month to my table.

As per the table below;
2009 and 2010, each with 13 periods. 5 series.

Many Thanks,
GD
- please attach example file of solution or email. Thank you.
Last edited by HansV on 12 Dec 2010, 19:48, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: to remove e-mail address for reasons of privacy

HansV
Administrator

Re: Rolling 13 month Bar Chart –By defining a ‘start point’?

Post by HansV »

Hello gdhinsa, welcome to Eileen's Lounge!

I have removed your e-mail address, since publishing your e-mail address on a public website exposes it to web-bots harvesting addresses to send spam to.

I have attached a sample workbook with the setup from your post Rolling 13 month Bar Chart – By defining a ‘start point’? in the Microsoft Answers forums.
I have created defined names XValues, Series1, ..., Series5 and used those in the chart. If you click on one of the series in the chart, you'll see the names in the formula for the series in the formula bar.

When you change the year in cell B11 or the period in cell B12, you'll see the chart change instantly.
RollingChart.xls
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

gdhinsa
NewLounger

Re: Rolling 13 month Bar Chart –By defining a ‘start point’?

Post by gdhinsa »

Thank you very much HansV very helpful - Many Thanks for all your help. GD