Unhide Personal.xlsb in 365

sobershea
2StarLounger

Unhide Personal.xlsb in 365

Post by sobershea »

Where is View, Window, Unhide in Excel 365? I am trying to unhide my personal.xlsb but can't find unhide in any of the menus. I am, however, able to add Window Unhide to the Quick Access Toolbar and then unhide the sheet. I think this is the first time I am trying to edit a macro since I switched to 365.

TIA
Sherry

HansV
Administrator

Re: Unhide Personal.xlsb in 365

Post by HansV »

You don't have to unhide Personal.xlsb if you want to edit a macro in your personal macro workbook.
Simply activate the Visual Basic Editor by pressing Alt+F11 or by clicking Visual Basic on the Developer tab of the ribbon.
If necessary, expand Personal (PERSONAL.XLSB) in the Project Explorer pane on the left hand side, then expand Modules, and double-click on a module to view/edit the code in that module.

S2410.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

sobershea
2StarLounger

Post by sobershea »

Thanks Hans. I'm wondering why when I select Macros on the View Ribbon and then try to edit a macro in personal.xlsb it says I can't change a hidden workbook and to unhide the workbook using the unhide command. But there is no unhide command on the View ribbon.
Sherry

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

sobershea wrote:
09 Jul 2023, 19:11
when I select Macros on the View Ribbon and then try to edit a macro in personal.xlsb it says I can't change a hidden workbook and to unhide the workbook
That is a strange quirk in Excel...

Unhide is in the Window group of the View tab of the ribbon. If your Excel window is narrow, the Window group looks like this:

S2411.png

To see, click the Window drop-down:

S2412.png

If the Excel window is wider, the Widow group is expanded. Unhide becomes a separate button:

S2413.png

If the window is even wider, you'll see the caption:

S2414.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

sobershea
2StarLounger

Post by sobershea »

This is what my Viewmenu looks like?

[img]C:\Users\sherr\Desktop\window.png[/img]
Sherry

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Thanks. This is the Unhide button:

Screenshot 2023-07-09 164219.png
Best wishes,
Hans

sobershea
2StarLounger

Post by sobershea »

Well, Duh! But why don't I see the split and unhide? When I click that Window button, all that appears is unhide.
Sherry

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

If you make the Excel window wider (if that is possible on your screen), you'll see the captions Split, Hide and Unhide - see the next to last and last screenshots that I posted above.
Best wishes,
Hans

sobershea
2StarLounger

Post by sobershea »

Got it! My screen is only 14" so I will just add them to the Quick Access Toolbar.

Thanks Hans,
Sherry

PJ_in_FL
5StarLounger

Post by PJ_in_FL »

HansV wrote:
10 Jul 2023, 06:40
If you make the Excel window wider (if that is possible on your screen), you'll see the captions Split, Hide and Unhide - see the next to last and last screenshots that I posted above.
One of many reasons that nearly 20 years later I still loath the Ribbon interface. Random things hidden because the interface decides to and you don't have any control over it.
PJ in (usually sunny) FL