Filtering multiple rows

FrecklePaw
2StarLounger

Filtering multiple rows

Post by FrecklePaw »

There is probably a really easy way to do this (I hope!) but I don't know it - can anyone tell me how I can (from over 9,000 rows of data) filter out 5 specific of the employer names (see pic) that I need without having to trawl through and select them all individually from the list from all 9,000? (Which I just did and it took FOREVER) :) There must be a way to search for all five and then bring them up filtered, no?

TIA,
FP
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Filtering multiple rows

Post by HansV »

You can use the Search box.
Click the filter drop down.
Type a few letters of the first employer you want to select, tick its check box and click OK.
Click the filter drop down again.
Type a few letters of the second employer you want to select, tick its check box and also tick the check box 'Add current selection to filter', then click OK.
Repeat as needed.

S2409.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

snb
4StarLounger

Post by snb »

In VBA:

Code: Select all

Sub M_snb()
  columns(1).autofilter 1,Array("aa","bb","cc","dd","ee"),7
End Sub

FrecklePaw
2StarLounger

Post by FrecklePaw »

HansV wrote:
20 Jun 2023, 08:37
You can use the Search box.
Click the filter drop down.
Type a few letters of the first employer you want to select, tick its check box and click OK.
Click the filter drop down again.
Type a few letters of the second employer you want to select, tick its check box and also tick the check box 'Add current selection to filter', then click OK.
Repeat as needed.

S2409.png
Perfect - thank you as always Hans, super useful! :)