Using Formulas from Other Worksheets

BobH
UraniumLounger

Using Formulas from Other Worksheets

Post by BobH »

Not sure how even to ask this question. I'm losing some mental sharpness and short term memory.

I have a worksheet that contains formulas that work as desired. I want to use the same formulas in another worksheet. These worksheets are in a workbook that contains a sheet for each month.

When I try to copy and paste special/formulas, I get this message (and several more following it).
error.PNG
I think this means that the named values are specific to the worksheet that I copied, but I don't remember how to work around that. I know that I have copied these formulas from previous worksheets before but I don't remember how I did it.

Getting past 80 sucks!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

BobH
UraniumLounger

Re: Using Formulas from Other Worksheets

Post by BobH »

Bad form to reply to one's own post, I know but . . .

Whilst searching for answers to the op, I discovered that I had a cell range value that was null in the new worksheet. I did a find and replace on that value, and the worksheet now shows good results. I then copied a single row of formulas and pasted them to the remaining rows and did not get the error.

I don't know if this was a fluke or if the problem was caused by the bad cell reference. The cell reference was explicitly written and did not use a variable name. :scratch:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs