Else
            sngKg = strText
        End If
    End If
'Sub TESTsngKg()
'    Debug.Print sngKg(ActiveCell)
'End Sub
End Function
Don't be discouraged by the VBA code; you only have to copy and paste it into a module, and Eileen's Lounge VBA forum will help you with that.

Here is a screen shot showing what the user-defined function can do for you:-
Untitled.png
I grew tired of entering the cost of groceries into a spreadsheet. Canada is metric, so half the time groceries are expressed in pounds, and the rest of the time in Kilograms. Do I convert in my head and hope I am right, do I try to remember that whole-wheat flour is in Kg but apples are by the pound? I have recently taken to just keying in the number and hoping, which predictably has led to some outlandish purchases.

I settled for a standard "kilograms" because I'm not from Texas, but you could easily flip the function around to settle on pounds avoirdupois even 'though you don't buy peas (Franglais Joke!)

I have elected to load the function to columns G and K, so now all I need do is glance at the receipt and tack the letter "p" to then end of the weight if it is expressed in pounds.

The function could be used in a GUI form, allowing the user to input a value as "5.5p" or as "5.5k" or just "5.5" if your default unit is Kilograms.

And yes, :bananas: were on special this morning down at Foodland.
Cheers
Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle