Graph in the userform

jimpatel1993
2StarLounger

Graph in the userform

Post by jimpatel1993 »

Thanks for looking at my post.
I have userform and sheet1. Is there any possibilities to replicate sheet1 graph in the userform please?
That is I have userform and any new value mentioned in the userform should reflect the graph in sheet1 and should be shown in the userform automatically please. The idea is to play around the “New Value” in the userform and see how graph is changing according to new value. But I wanted to modify in the userform and able to see graph in the userform please. Additionally I would like this modification to be saved in the sheet1 as well please.

Any idea guys ?

Thanks again 
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Graph in the userform

Post by HansV »

See the attached version.

Graph in the userform.xlsm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

jimpatel1993
2StarLounger

Post by jimpatel1993 »

Thanks a lot for your time and effort. I think i did not explained it properly. Sorry about that. I have added userform with Month - combo box, Direction - combo box and New value - in text box and Graph.
If user select any month, and any direction and if new value is entered, is there any possiblity to change the new entered value in sheet1 and showing how graph will look in the userform parallely please? The idea is putting new value and check how the graph is modifying according to new value. But i wanted to see updated graph in the userform when the new value is entered in the userform please. Further once save button is clicked is there any way to save in sheet1 with the new value please?
Thanks a lot and sorry about poor explanation

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

The source range of the chart is a pivot table. You cannot just change a value in a pivot table - it would be overwritten when you refresh the pivot table.
Best wishes,
Hans

jimpatel1993
2StarLounger

Post by jimpatel1993 »

Thanks a lot for your reply.
Is that means I won't be able to modify any source range value via user form?
Thanks

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

That would be possible if the source range was a normal range. Not if it is a pivot table.

This is because each value in the pivot table is the sum of multiple cells in the data source of the pivot table. It makes no sense to edit this sum.
Best wishes,
Hans

jimpatel1993
2StarLounger

Post by jimpatel1993 »

Thanks for your reply.
Yes I don't mind if source range is normal range. Issue is I have list of range and I need to modify and see graph using user form please.
Thanks

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

In the attached version, I have converted the pivot table to a normal range.
You can now change values from the userform.

Graph in the userform.xlsm
Best wishes,
Hans

jimpatel1993
2StarLounger

Post by jimpatel1993 »

Brilliant. Thanks a lot for your time and effort :)