Signup Sheet

Sundog
5StarLounger

Signup Sheet

Post by Sundog »

In Excel 2003, I am creating a Signup Sheet for 6 training sessions, each having 16 slots. The first session signup area is 20 rows, A10:E29; the second is A30:E49; third is A50:E69, etc. My screen/toolbar setup allows Excel to display 30 rows at a time.

I list the 6 sessions at the top of the worksheet. The behavior I would like to implement when a trainee clicks on a session listing at the top of the worksheet, say Session 3, is to go to A50, but have rows 50 through 79 visible. This puts the user at the first Session 3 signup location, with the whole signup area for that session visible (plus some of the next session, which is OK). This is needed, since Session 3 may have 15 slots filled with trainee names, and the 16th slot is open; I want the user to see all Session 3 slots.

If I simply hyperlink the Session 3 cell to A50, the user gets to the first Session 3 signup location, but much of the rest of the Session 3 signup area requires down arrows to be visible.

I've fooled around with command button code like this:

Code: Select all

Sub
Range("E79").Select
Range("A50").Select
End Sub
But I don't get the desired result. Any suggestions that would work on my Excel setup? Then, maybe impossible, how can I adjust the code to accommodate somebody else's Excel setup with a different number of visible rows?
Sundog

HansV
Administrator

Re: Signup Sheet

Post by HansV »

Try

Application.Goto Range("A50"), True

The second argument True will make the cell specified in the first argument the top left cell in the window.
Best wishes,
Hans

Sundog
5StarLounger

Re: Signup Sheet

Post by Sundog »

Perfect! Thanks, Hans.
Sundog