date series in excel 2007

bridgett
NewLounger

date series in excel 2007

Post by bridgett »

i'm having a lot of trouble with this problem i have due tomorrow! can anyone please help me??
here's the instructions: create a series displaying the date for each Tuesday from April 6, 2010 through the remainder of the year 2010. You will need to enter the date, 4/6/10 in cell E2; enter a formula in E3 that adds 7 to the value in E2.

i'm just learning how to use excel, i know i probably seem kindda dumb with this but i have been doing good so far, and it really bugs me that i can't get this one! Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

StuartR
Administrator

Re: date series in excel 2007

Post by StuartR »

Have you successfully entered the date in cell E2?
Have you put a formula in cell E3 that adds 7 to the value in cell E2
Does cell E3 correctly display the date 13th June 2010?

If the answer to all three of these questions is yes, then select cells E2 and E3, move the mouse to the little square at the bottom right of the selection until the cursor looks like a + sign, click the left mouse button and drag the selection until you have filled sufficient cells with the dates of successive Tuesdays.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
StuartR

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Welcome to Eileen's Lounge!

A slight correction to StuartR's reply: you need to select E3 (the cell with the formula), not E2 and E3.
x198.png
Then move the mouse pointer to the lower right corner of the cell so that it becomes a black cross, and holding the left mouse button down drag it down until you have filled sufficient cells. If you stop too early, simply repeat, and if you fill too many cells, you can drag upwards, or delete the surplus.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

HansV wrote:...A slight correction to StuartR's reply: you need to select E3 (the cell with the formula), not E2 and E3...
Woops, thanks for the correction. That's what happens when I post at 4 AM
StuartR

bridgett
NewLounger

Post by bridgett »

thnx so much for the help guys...and to think i couln't get something so simple!