Filter last working day

agibsonsw
SilverLounger

Filter last working day

Post by agibsonsw »

Hello. Excel 2003.
I have a column of dates.
Is it possible to create an advanced filter to find the last working day of each month?
Thanks, Andy.
"I'm here to save your life. But if I'm going to do that, I'll need total uninanonynymity." Me Myself & Irene.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Filter last working day

Post by HansV »

Start by entering a list of holidays in a column, and name the range Holidays.

Let's say that your column of dates is column A, with a header in A1 and the first date in A2.

For the criteria, use a 2 cell range. Leave the top cell blank, or enter a word that is not a field name in the data table, and enter the following formula into the cell below it:

=WORKDAY(DATE(YEAR(A2),MONTH(A2)+1,1),-1,Holidays)=A2

The expression WORKDAY(DATE(YEAR(A2),MONTH(A2)+1,1),-1,Holidays) returns the last working day in the month of the date in A2.
The formula compares this to the date in A2, and returns TRUE if A2 is the last working day in the month, and FALSE otherwise.

You can now apply advanced filter with the list of dates as data range and the 2 cell range as criteria range.

See the attached sample workbook.
LastWorkdays.xlsx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

agibsonsw
SilverLounger

Re: Filter last working day

Post by agibsonsw »

Thank you. I shall study this. Andy.
"I'm here to save your life. But if I'm going to do that, I'll need total uninanonynymity." Me Myself & Irene.