Data tab turned off

cshenoy
StarLounger

Data tab turned off

Post by cshenoy »

I have a file that I use everyday. Today it shows up with its regular name "myfile.xlsx", but now at the top of the spreadsheet where the name usually is myfile.xlsx [Group] - Microsoft Excel is added at the very top of the Excel window. When I look at the properties and advanced properties, I don't see anything special or extra to undo this [Group] designation. I searched the Help files, looked at the document properties and advanced properties, but I can't find any mention of [Group] for a file.

I just want to be able to sort things!

Thanks for your he :flee: lp
Cathy

VegasNath
5StarLounger

Re: Data tab turned off

Post by VegasNath »

It sounds to me like you have more than one worksheet selected. Try clicking to another sheet and back again...
:wales: Nathan :uk:
There's no place like home.....

mbarron
2StarLounger

Post by mbarron »

In addition to VegasNath's advice. If you all of the sheets in you workbook are not selected, you would need to click on one of the non-selected sheets. If you only click on selected sheets, the grouping will remain. If all the sheets in the book are selected, you can click on any tab to ungroup the sheets. Another option would be to right click on a grouped sheet and choose "Ungroup Sheets"

VegasNath
5StarLounger

Post by VegasNath »

mbarron wrote:Another option would be to right click on a grouped sheet and choose "Ungroup Sheets"
It's not always easy to see (white on white) which sheets are grouped. This seems the best approach, I shall have to remember that. Thanks Mike.
:wales: Nathan :uk:
There's no place like home.....

cshenoy
StarLounger

Post by cshenoy »

Thanks all! I did have things grouped.Duh!
Cathy