Screenshots in Word 2010

JohnH
3StarLounger

Screenshots in Word 2010

Post by JohnH »

I have just come across the new Insert Screenshot feature in word 2010.
InsertScreenshot.gif
As shown above I can insert a whole Window from the preview, or choose Screen Clipping. If I choose the latter, I can use the mouse to select some of the screen to insert.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards

John

StuartR
Administrator

Re: Screenshots in Word 2010

Post by StuartR »

It's greyed out for me, maybe because I have FastStone Capture installed (I did exit from FastStone Capture in the system tray but that didn't fix it).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
StuartR

JohnH
3StarLounger

Post by JohnH »

StuartR wrote:It's greyed out for me, maybe because I have FastStone Capture installed .
I read that it is only available in 2010 format files. I just changed the default save format to .doc, and the screenshot option became greyed.
Regards

John

jscher2000
2StarLounger

Post by jscher2000 »

JohnH wrote:I read that it is only available in 2010 format files. I just changed the default save format to .doc, and the screenshot option became greyed.
I suspect that means if someone sends me a DOCX with that kind of screen shot, when I open it in Word 2003 using the converter I may well lose the image. How awkward that might be when trying to have an intelligent phone call. :laugh:

JohnH
3StarLounger

Post by JohnH »

I suspect that means if someone sends me a DOCX with that kind of screen shot, when I open it in Word 2003 using the converter I may well lose the image.
Here is an example. Can you see the screenshot?
ScreenshotExample.zip
Regards

John

PamCaswell
StarLounger

Post by PamCaswell »

It has to be a 2010 docx (etc.) file, not just a 2007 one, for the feature to work. But once inserted, the image is there; it won't go away just 'cause you change to an earlier version.

Pam