Symbol font not embedded

jmt356
SilverLounger

Symbol font not embedded

Post by jmt356 »

I am using a printer which is not accepting my pdf document because I did not embed my Symbol font. Rather than embed my font, which I can't do because I don't have my installation files for Adobe Acrobat, I went into the Word document to find any instance of the Symbol font so as to replace it with one that does not require embedding (e.g. Times New Roman). So I ran a ctrl + F and activated wildcards and put in an asterisk in the Find What box and then set the font to Symbol. Word found no instances of the font Symbol, whether I had the default or complex Script font or both of them set to Symbol. Why can't I find the instance of symbol? I know it's in there because when I go into my bullets and put my cursor on the bullet, the font is definitely Symbol. But I can't go through the document in this way to find all instances of it. Is there a shortcut using Wildcards?
Regards,

JMT

HansV
Administrator

Re: Symbol font not embedded

Post by HansV »

As explained in Finding and replacing symbols, this is rather messy. For historical reasons, Word stores "symbols" in a way that makes it difficult to find and replace them. The article provides some VBA code.
Best wishes,
Hans

jmt356
SilverLounger

Post by jmt356 »

That's way over me ...

The other option would be to embed the fonts. Any ideas as to how to embed the fonts? I don't have Adobe Acrobat, but I have InDesign and Bluebeam ...
Regards,

JMT

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Embed fonts in PDF? That's way beyond me... :grin:
Best wishes,
Hans

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

jmt356 wrote:...The other option would be to embed the fonts. Any ideas as to how to embed the fonts? I don't have Adobe Acrobat, but I have InDesign and Bluebeam ...
I know how to do this in Acrobat, maybe there is something similar in the products you are using.

In Acrobat you select font embedding as an option when you create the PDF file, you can't embed the fonts at a later time.
EmbedFonts.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
StuartR