Message Bar - Office 7

CharliesDaughter
Lounger

Message Bar - Office 7

Post by CharliesDaughter »

I'm working in Word and the instructions are to go to View and then the Show/Hide section where you can either click Message Bar or unclick it. I'm not sure this is where I want to be, but what I'm attempting to to is keep that Message Bar on the screen at all times rather than having to click Home to show all those ribbon itenms that I use constantly. Every time I go to View and Show/Hide, Message Bar is grayed out and there's no way to click it. The way it works now, I have to click Home to display it so I can select Bold type, or increase the font size or right justify, etc.

Thanks

HansV
Administrator

Re: Message Bar - Office 7

Post by HansV »

I assume that you mean Office 2007.

The message bar is used to display security warnings, you can't use it to format text.

You can add buttons that you want to be available all the time to the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT). To do so, either click the dropdown arrow on the right hand side of the QAT and select More Commands... from the dropdown menu, or click the Office button, then Word Options, then Customize.
x388.png
In the Customize section of Word Options, you can select a category of commands from the "Choose commands from" dropdown, then select a command and click Add >> to add it to the QAT:
x389.png
There are buttons to change the order of the QAT buttons.
Click OK when you're done. The new button(s) will appear and be visible whichever tab of the ribbon is active:
x390.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans