Word 2007 Help Pane is Blank

Sundog
5StarLounger

Word 2007 Help Pane is Blank

Post by Sundog »

I have an installation of Word 2007 with the Quark XML Author plug-in. When I try to access Word Help by clicking the tiny ? in a circle at the right hand end of the menu bar, the Word Help pane opens, but it is blank. Normally it opens populated with help topics. Also, my cursor changes to an hourglass, and it remains that way until I exit Word. If I type anything in the Word Help pane, I get the same result. At another machine with Word 2007 + Quark XML Author, the Word Help pane performs normally.

My tech is uninstalling and reinstalling the Quark XML Author plug-in, to see if that fixes the problem. In the meantime, if I need to access Word Help, I have to go to my other CPU. Unfortunately, it's on a different network.
Sundog

HansV
Administrator

Re: Word 2007 Help Pane is Blank

Post by HansV »

Are the results in yet?

(Much of the Word help can also be found on the internet - see Word 2007 Help and How-to - Word - Microsoft Office)
Best wishes,
Hans

Sundog
5StarLounger

Re: Word 2007 Help Pane is Blank

Post by Sundog »

HansV wrote:Are the results in yet? (Much of the Word help can also be found on the internet...)
Uninstall/reinstall complete, no change, still get blank Word Help pane. Thanks for the link, but the affected machine doesn't have Internet access.

Tech suggested reformatting the hard drive and reinstalling ALL programs; I declined. I'll continue to scoot my chair across my office if Word Help is needed.
Sundog