Drop cap

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Re: Drop cap

Post by Dave Davison »

.................go for it bro. let me know if the sequence I mentioned above is easy to follow.....Dave up in the shivering morth east of UK.

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

New hurdle :- When I positioned the cursor on the first line of an article [on the word Relationships in this case] then hit the assigned keyboard shortcut keys for a dropped cap I got this error message, but the code shown when I select the "Debug" tab means nothing to me. Why would this error occur and what changes if any need to be made to the [line of code in red?] I should have said that the first letter did not turn to a dropped cap. Puzzled again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

The macro will only work if the paragraph containing the selection has at least one character. You'll get the error message if the paragraph is empty.
If it's empty, there is nothing to drop...
Best wishes,
Hans

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

I appreciate that Hans but the cursor was positioned over the first word as at othefr times when it worked just fine. Thanks.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I cannot explain that, sorry.
Best wishes,
Hans

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

as the Ausies would say; "No worries mate" it is after all not anything to sweat about being just a slight enhancement of the text, besides, it works most of the time. Regards Dave.