'16 WORD and Print Envelope

CraigS26
2StarLounger

'16 WORD and Print Envelope

Post by CraigS26 »

Oops. HANS, can you MOVE to WORD FORUM?

Edit 4/9/22: I now find success when using a Saved .docx template for writing new letters. The Send To DOES appear in its Mailings/Envelope Box and I Recently Updated Office via Non-Security monthly update. May have helped BUT All is well.

EDIT: I now find that IF I hi-light the Send To address to Copy-Paste onto Envelope Block the Address appears BECAUSE it's hi-lighted on the letter. This time it printed correctly Vs yellow triangle results below. Search found prior WORD-Envelope issues somewhat like me but WHY this happens now is a mystery.
I'll use hi-light address until it fixes itself.

2016 Hm-Student Office / Win 10 Pro 21H2 -- March CU inst'd .......
I now Do Not See the -- Send To address -- in its block when attempting to print an envelope from a Saved Word .docx letter.
The Return Address Does Show....
IF I type the Address it Prints OK BUT it has always appeared automatically.
HP Print-Scan Doctor app says All OK ....
HP MFP M227 Laser ... HP Sppt had me confirm for Tray 1 (envelope slot location) Any Type & Size for envelope and had no other Settings ideas - HP Suggested it's a ... Word ISSUE.
The Printer doesn't Know the envelope is inserted ( when Printing I get Yellow triangle: Insert Envelope #10 or Clk OK to use available media) and Clking OK prints either to paper, not envelope, Or Top Center of envelope.
Posting ONLY in case this issue has been seen prior. Doubt any solution can be evolved just from this.
Thanks as always.
Last edited by CraigS26 on 09 Apr 2022, 12:05, edited 2 times in total.
Win 10 Pro 22H2 | ESET EIS Prem | Mbam Prem | Diskeeper Pro '15 | Macrium Pd v8

HansV
Administrator

Re: '16 WORD and Print Envelope

Post by HansV »

I have moved this topic to the Word forum.
I hope that one of our Word experts will have a suggestion for you.
Best wishes,
Hans

Charles Kenyon
5StarLounger

Post by Charles Kenyon »

My principle suggestion is to abandon this "feature" and use your own templates.
I did in Word 97 and have continued with that since, testing from time to time. I've found the envelope features in Word inadequate.
I now use Word 2010, 2021, and 365 in Windows 10 and 11.
See https://www.gmayor.com/Simple_Envelope.htm andhttp://www.gmayor.com/changing_envelope_layout.htm.

I like something fancier than what Word can give and the ability to pick the address from the letter has never been reliable, IMO.

CraigS26
2StarLounger

Post by CraigS26 »

Thanks, Charles. Will dnload and take a look ... as much to see IF I can set this up Vs actually using it.
You're lucky this stuff is intuitive to you - reads a little daunting to me at first blush - but That's How I learn -
Thanks again.
Win 10 Pro 22H2 | ESET EIS Prem | Mbam Prem | Diskeeper Pro '15 | Macrium Pd v8

Charles Kenyon
5StarLounger

Post by Charles Kenyon »

Far from intuitive. I've been bashing my head against Word's foibles for more than twenty years. I'm not the only one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.