List of cases

jmt356
SilverLounger

List of cases

Post by jmt356 »

Is there a way in Word to either create of a list of cases not followed by tab marks and page numbers after each case? In my TOA, the tab followed by page numbers always showed up.

I tried copying my TOA into a fresh document as text only and then went through each entry and individually tried deleting each of the tabs and page number, but this is taking too long. Is there a formula in Find/Replace to find "tab followed by any number of page numbers preceding the paragraph mark" and then replace it with a delete? That would enable me to plow through the TOA and get rid of all of the tabs and page numbers quickly.

Regards,

JMT
Regards,

JMT

JudyL
NewLounger

Re: List of cases

Post by JudyL »

These steps are a little clutzy (there is undoubtedly a nice elegant VBA way), but the whole thing just takes a minute, and it's kind of fun:

-Select the whole TOA, and Find and Replace all paragraph marks in the table (^p) with an x and a paragraph mark (x^p)

-In Find and Replace, under Search Options, check the box by "Use wildcards"

-With the whole TOA selected, Find and Replace all tabs, plus all of the text between the tabs and the x, plus the x (^t*x) with nothing (that is, make sure the "Replace with" box is empty, no spaces even).

The tabs and page nos. will come back if you refresh the TOA, but at least the fix is pretty quick.