TOA invisible text showing up in document

jmt356
SilverLounger

TOA invisible text showing up in document

Post by jmt356 »

I have a document with over 500 TOA entries. Some of the text from the TOA entries (e.g., dates or court of the cases) is showing up as visible text even when I hide the formatting marks and other invisible text. The way I have been dealing with this is by activating invisible text, going into the TOA entries, deleting the items that are showing up as visible text, then copying them right back into the respective TOA entries again. For some reason, when I do this, they cease to show up as visible text. But this is time consuming.

Is Word getting confused because my 700 page document is so big and complex and is there a way to avoid this from continuing to happen? I fear that even as I go through each entry and fix the problem, invisible text may continue to become visible again as I continue to work with the document and so it will potentially become very time consuminng.
Regards,

JMT

HansV
Administrator

Re: TOA invisible text showing up in document

Post by HansV »

Sorry for the late reply - I was on vacation. Is the visible text marked as hidden by a dotted underline if you display hidden text?
x355.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

JimmyC
3StarLounger

Post by JimmyC »

Hans,
Welcome back!!! I was concerned with your change in location to "away for a while". I am glad to learn you were away for pleasure and not a health problem, etc. So I was very happy to read this post. Again, welcome back and thanks for your tireless support and dedication to helping others...including myself many, many, many times.
JimC

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Thanks for your kind words!
Best wishes,
Hans