Autofit Table to Page Margins - Word 2003

MelanieB
3StarLounger

Autofit Table to Page Margins - Word 2003

Post by MelanieB »

I need to auto-fit the attached sample table to stay within the page margins. I thought if I selected Auto-fit WIndow that when I adjust the page margins, the table would adjust and re-size to fit within the margins. But, that didn't work.

This is for a co-worker who has several of these tables to work with, and he asked if there is a way to do this instead of manually adjusting the columns and dinking with the table to get it to re-size to fit in the margins.

What's the magic here? I really thought this was supposed to be an easy fix, and now I'm thinking I'm missing something simple.

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Autofit Table to Page Margins - Word 2003

Post by HansV »

Once you have selected Table | AutoFit | AutoFit to Window, the table should adjust automatically to the page margins. Make sure that the table is included when you change the page margins.
Best wishes,
Hans

MelanieB
3StarLounger

Re: Autofit Table to Page Margins - Word 2003

Post by MelanieB »

Ok. Well that's how I thought it should work, and I have done it correctly. There must be something else going on with it. I think at this point, I'll cut/paste to a new document and see if that works. Thanks!