Spell-check, Language (Word 2000)

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Spell-check, Language (Word 2000)

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Caught Again!
I wrote a 300-word article, used spell-check, and was about to save it when "ocacsional" caught my eye.
I'm not that bad a speller!
I ran F7 again, then I (Tools, Options, Spelling) asked to recheck the document.
Then I inspected my Custom.DIC (Tools, Options, Spelling) .
Huh?

It seems that, once again, local character formatting with Set language = "Do not check spelling or grammar" has crept in.
Again.
I'm now thinking of writing a small macro that will sniff out any setting for "Do not check spelling or grammar" in any text that is NOT part of an {IncludeText} field. To be run as a prelude to any spell-checking.
3.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
He who plants a seed, plants life.

IanWilson
3StarLounger

Re: Spell-check, Language (Word 2000)

Post by IanWilson »

ChrisGreaves wrote: I'm now thinking of writing a small macro that will sniff out any setting for "Do not check spelling or grammar" in any text that is NOT part of an {IncludeText} field. To be run as a prelude to any spell-checking.
No doubt you'll share it with the rest of us if you do.

Ian

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Re: Spell-check, Language (Word 2000)

Post by ChrisGreaves »

IanWilson wrote:No doubt you'll share it with the rest of us if you do.
Could I not? (smile).
I often find that after I've written The World's Best Macro(TM) some lounger points out that one was posted a few weeks back that also makes a cup of tea. So now I fish, a little bit, before getting started!
He who plants a seed, plants life.