how to deliberately repeat a word?

johbot
2StarLounger

how to deliberately repeat a word?

Post by johbot »

In Word, if you type the same word twice in a row, the spell check identifies it as an error and asks you what to do.

But what if the repetition is deliberate? For those folk who live in Wagga Wagga, Merty Merty, Grong Grong, or in my case, temporarily, at Baw Baw?

How can I get Word to recognise these sets of duplicates as intentional?

Johanna

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Re: how to deliberately repeat a word?

Post by Hey Jude »

johbot wrote:In Word, if you type the same word twice in a row, the spell check identifies it as an error and asks you what to do.

But what if the repetition is deliberate? For those folk who live in Wagga Wagga, Merty Merty, Grong Grong, or in my case, temporarily, at Baw Baw?

How can I get Word to recognise these sets of duplicates as intentional?

Johanna
Check out this article I found for you with several helpful suggestions which I hope will work for you. I queried Walla Walla because I knew that as a city in WA and lo and behold this article chose that as its example http://word.tips.net/Pages/T000225_Corr ... Words.html
♫...Take a sad song and make it better . . .♫ Image

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Post by Hey Jude »

Briefly, one "solution is to trick Word into thinking that Walla Walla is a single word. You can do this by using a non-breaking space between the first "Walla" and the second. (A non-breaking space is created by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Space.) The word is not marked as incorrect by the spell checker once this is done. The drawback, of course, is that the phrase is now treated as a single word, which will affect how line breaks occur—if a line break would normally occur between the first "Walla" and the second, the entire phrase will now be shifted to the second line...."

There is another workaround too. Hope this helps :grin:
♫...Take a sad song and make it better . . .♫ Image

johbot
2StarLounger

Post by johbot »

Thank you. I guess I will just have to work the ctrl shift space combination and get used to it.

My stay here is temporary.