Word 2007 - Mystery VBA Project

Samantha
3StarLounger

Word 2007 - Mystery VBA Project

Post by Samantha »

Let me preface this by saying that I rarely use macros, and I'm not at all conversant in VBA. This morning I composed a simple one-page letter in Word, saved the document and printed the letter. When I attempted to close the file, I received the attached message.

At the time I had one other Word document open, and I closed that file, along with everything else I had running. I reopened a browser to post this message, but checking the running processes in task manager I see no reference to VBA.

I suppose it is possible that I inadvertently hit some arcane key combination, but if so, it didn't bring up the VBA window.

Anybody have any idea of what happened and how I can avoid it in the future?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Samantha

HansV
Administrator

Re: Word 2007 - Mystery VBA Project

Post by HansV »

Perhaps the document was still being printed?

It could also be caused by an add-in - do you use any add-ins in Word?
Best wishes,
Hans

Samantha
3StarLounger

Post by Samantha »

Printing was complete. In fact I had retrieved the printed letter, signed it and put it in the mail before I returned to close the document.

I do use the following add-ins - could one of them triggered the VBA project? The highlighted one is the template the letter was based on, if that matters.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Samantha

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Samantha wrote:The highlighted one is the template the letter was based on, if that matters.
That could be the one - it is a .dotm, so it contains VBA code. But it depends on what code it contains, of course.
Best wishes,
Hans

Samantha
3StarLounger

Post by Samantha »

I don't think it contains any VBA code. That template was originally created in Word 95 (or perhaps even Word 6.0) as a .dot file. When we upgraded to Word 2007, the old templates were all converted to .dotm files (why, I don't know), but as far as I know that template is simply our letter format with the appropriate signature and 2nd page settings.
Samantha

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

In that case, I don't know what caused the problem...
Best wishes,
Hans