MS Publisher 2010 - Mailing merge create new document

mileslowe
NewLounger

Post by mileslowe »

Running on Windows 7 64 bit and using Publisher 2010 32 bit and linked to Access 2010 32 bit

created a new publication tri-fold document for my church and linked to Access 2010 in order to merge fields from Access into my Publisher document

Created text box formatted with Times New Roman Font for all text boxes merged and non merged

Made changes to non merged text box fields and selected mailings tab and chose to finish merge and create new publication

New publication opened and all fonts were another font (assumed default so created normal.pub with new font and all new documents opened show new font but ton the merged document).

In older versions when you merged to new document the fonts used came with it and 2010 is not doing this which is a really bad situation as you then need to change manually the style font or each text box back to the org font used before the merge. Not sure what to do about this strange behavior in 2010!

HansV
Administrator

Re: MS Publisher 2010 - Mailing merge create new document

Post by HansV »

I am not a proficient user of Publisher, but I created a small publication, then created a mail merge with an Access table as data source. I used several different fonts.
I saved the publication and quit Publisher, then opened the publication and merged to a new document. Both the merge document and the merged document used the fonts that I had originally applied.
I haven't been able to find anything about the problem that you mention, either, so I'm at a loss to explain why you experience these problems.
Best wishes,
Hans

mileslowe
NewLounger

Re: MS Publisher 2010 - Mailing merge create new document

Post by mileslowe »

Thanks for taking the time to experiment with this issue and it must be some type of corruption as each time I do these steps, I have to click a text box in the new merged document and change the style to my main font Times New Roman and it changes all text boxes to it. The bad part is I do no always want the same font in every text box. I hate to think that I will have to recreate a new publication from scratch with tri fold column and all the merge fields again.

Thanks again for all your time on this!