Office Starter 2010 ????

ABabeNChrist
SilverLounger

Office Starter 2010 ????

Post by ABabeNChrist »

I was wondering if anyone was familiar with the Office Starter 2010. After reading a little about it, it explains about its lack of features and Limited-functionality of Word and Excel, but then also mentions that a product key can be purchased to activate full-featured Office software that appears to be all ready preloaded. My question or concerns are, will a xlsm workbook still function as designed or will there be limits on function ability. I understand to create a great spreadsheet with this suite is probably out of the question, and that’s OK, I’m just concerned of its capabilities with other spreadsheets created somewhere else. And of course I understand that there will be a distracting advertisement panel on the right hand side of screen.

Leif
Administrator

Re: Office Starter 2010 ????

Post by Leif »

Leif

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Although Excel 2010 Starter can open .xlsm workbooks, your VBA code will not run - there's no support for macros in the Starter Edition.
Best wishes,
Hans

ABabeNChrist
SilverLounger

Post by ABabeNChrist »

Thank you Leif
It wasn’t the news I was hoping for, even though I had my fingers crossed, I guess it just wasn’t enough. I should have figured that Microsoft wouldn’t release a FREE version of Office that was really any good.

ABabeNChrist
SilverLounger

Post by ABabeNChrist »

And thank you Hans