New Office 365 Cartoon People Graphics

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

New Office 365 Cartoon People Graphics

Post by hlewton »

This is what a newsletter and an article it directed me to says, “Microsoft Office 365 has a very interesting addition to their stock graphics range called “Cartoon People”.” In following their steps to assess “Cartoon People” I don’t have that tab in my office, I believe it is as up to date as possible since Office Update shows nothing to update when I force a check for updates. Why wouldn’t I have that “Cartoon People” tab? Here is the link I am referring to. https://office-watch.com/2021/cartoon-p ... _source=ow

Thanks
Regards,
hlewton

SpeakEasy
4StarLounger

Re: New Office 365 Cartoon People Graphics

Post by SpeakEasy »

It also points out that you need to be on the Office Insider program to get it (and an Office Insider announcement and blog back on 1 Nov seems to confirm this) - and that, as a Microsoft cloud service, it’s gradually rolled out across the globe, so even if you are an Office Insider it may not be available to you just yet.

Announcement: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/ ... -p/2910807

Blog: https://insider.office.com/en-gb/blog/a ... -creations

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

SpeakEasy wrote:
03 Nov 2021, 19:11
It also points out that you need to be on the Office Insider program to get it (and an Office Insider announcement and blog back on 1 Nov seems to confirm this) - and that, as a Microsoft cloud service, it’s gradually rolled out across the globe, so even if you are an Office Insider it may not be available to you just yet.

Announcement: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/ ... -p/2910807

Blog: https://insider.office.com/en-gb/blog/a ... -creations
Thank you for the reply but what I have in the newsletters says, "Microsoft is skipping the usual beta/Insiders testing and gone straight to public release across multiple platforms starting with:
• Windows: PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook
• Mac computers: PowerPoint, Word, Excel
• iPhone and iPad: PowerPoint, Word, Excel
• Office for the web: PowerPoint
If it’s not showing up in your Microsoft Office 365 apps, make sure they are updated to the latest version.
Like many new cloud services, it’s gradually rolled out across the globe. You might need to wait a few days.
Non-subscription Office; Office 2021, Office LTSC, Office 2019 and previous do NOT have Cartoon People."

I am up to date on Office updates and I did wait a few days but probably not long enough before posting my question.

Still you are probably more correct than what the above says.
Regards,
hlewton

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

This is what I see in the article you linked:
"Who gets it?
There was a little confusion on this point – here’s the latest we can figure out. You need to have up-to-date apps, be in the Beta/Insiders program (perhaps) and the cloud service needs to be available in your area.

Cartoon People seems to be available to beta/Insiders testing now across multiple platforms starting with:

Windows: PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook
Mac computers: PowerPoint, Word, Excel
iPhone and iPad: PowerPoint, Word, Excel
Office for the web: PowerPoint
If it’s not showing up in your Microsoft Office 365 apps, make sure they are updated to the latest version. Microsoft hasn’t said exactly which versions of the apps are needed — which they usually do.

Like many new cloud services, it’s gradually rolled out across the globe.

All that means you might need to wait a few days or perhaps weeks.

Non-subscription Office; Office 2021, Office LTSC, Office 2019 and previous do NOT have Cartoon People."
Joe

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

JoeP wrote:
03 Nov 2021, 20:17
This is what I see in the article you linked:
"Who gets it?
There was a little confusion on this point – here’s the latest we can figure out. You need to have up-to-date apps, be in the Beta/Insiders program (perhaps) and the cloud service needs to be available in your area.

Cartoon People seems to be available to beta/Insiders testing now across multiple platforms starting with:

Windows: PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook
Mac computers: PowerPoint, Word, Excel
iPhone and iPad: PowerPoint, Word, Excel
Office for the web: PowerPoint
If it’s not showing up in your Microsoft Office 365 apps, make sure they are updated to the latest version. Microsoft hasn’t said exactly which versions of the apps are needed — which they usually do.

Like many new cloud services, it’s gradually rolled out across the globe.

All that means you might need to wait a few days or perhaps weeks.

Joe I only supplied that link because it was easier than trying to copy the entire article that was in the newsletter I got. I think many here may also get the newsletter called Office Watch. What I quoted was from the newsletter, so I still have no idea when or even if I will eventually get those Cartoon People graphics.
Regards,
hlewton

SpeakEasy
4StarLounger

Post by SpeakEasy »

So, let's be clear here. You are suggesting a newsletter that admits it is confused about who currently gets access to the feature is more accurate than direct info from Microsoft itself?

But let us pretend that the newsletter is accurate

>I did wait a few days

Er, Microsoft only announced this on 1st Nov, and the newsletter came out 2nd Nov, you posted 3rd Nov., so hardly 'a few days', and additionally they also say "perhaps weeks". Have patience ...

TonyE
3StarLounger

Post by TonyE »

I had it from 1st. I use the beta version, and maybe just lucky to be a part of the initial rollout
Screenshot 2021-11-04 181841.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tony

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

TonyE wrote:
04 Nov 2021, 18:21
I had it from 1st. I use the beta version, and maybe just lucky to be a part of the initial rollout
Screenshot 2021-11-04 181841.png
I think it will be great once I get it. Looks like it could be fun using them.
Regards,
hlewton

kdock
5StarLounger

Post by kdock »

It looks to me as if this was the very feature Microsoft anticipated when they shipped the much maligned Comic Sans font.

Kim :laugh:
"Hmm. What does this button do?" Said everyone before being ejected from a car, blown up, or deleting all the data from the mainframe.