MS 365 Account sign in issue

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

MS 365 Account sign in issue

Post by BobArch2 »

My subscription version of MS 365 is current as of the last auto-update, May 21, 2021 v2104 (Build 13929.20386 Click-to-Run) / Current Channel.

For the last few months when starting up the Excel application the system flags that a sign on to my Account (Microsoft) is needed. This happens about 6 days of the week and only when called up for the first time of a given day.

I can exit Excel, come back later and I am still signed into my Account. There is no similar sign on request when loading Word or Outlook. I very seldom use the other apps within MS 365 so the issue seems to be solely Excel. Any suggestions as to what the resolution might be. (I have tried a reinstall ... no relief). Not a major issue but a PITA.

Sometimes, but not as often as described above for Excel, when starting the system for the day, the Notifications box on the right of the Taskbar will indicate that there is a Notification which states that there is an Account issue and I have to go through a similar sign on process via Settings.

Any and all comments welcomed! :thankyou:

MS365AcctErrorBA.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Bob

HansV
Administrator

Re: MS 365 Account sign in issue

Post by HansV »

Have you tried signing out, then in again?
Best wishes,
Hans

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Post by BobArch2 »

HansV wrote:
27 May 2021, 10:34
No, never tried signing out because I assumed that based on the message, my account could not connect and was asking me to sign in. Signing in, processed the connection. Regardless, I will try your suggestion the next time it pops up. Nothing ventured nothing gained in the wild world of technology :grin:
Regards,
Bob

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Post by BobArch2 »

BobArch2 wrote:
27 May 2021, 11:42
HansV wrote:
27 May 2021, 10:34
No, never tried signing out because I assumed that based on the message, my account could not connect and was asking me to sign in. Signing in, processed the connection. Regardless, I will try your suggestion the next time it pops up. Nothing ventured nothing gained in the wild world of technology :grin:
Yesterday (May 27th) afternoon, I could not wait to test your suggestion ... I decided to be proactive. :grin: While in Excel, I signed out of my MS account. Then exited, reloaded Excel and signed in. Horrors of horrors, it indicated that Excel was unlicensed ... not for the faint of heart! What have you done to me Hans, me mutters under me breath! :sad:

Went into my Microsoft account via the browser and all looked to be OK with the MS 365 subscription (they have changed the layout from time past).

Without any suggestion, I just decided to reboot the system. Then brought up Excel. It was no longer "unlicensed". :clapping: You are off the hook Hans ... not that I could reach out and scold you! :thankyou:

Now to wait and see if the original problem returns.
Regards,
Bob

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

:phew: :wipes brow:
Best wishes,
Hans