Office Professional Plus 2010

VegasNath
5StarLounger

Office Professional Plus 2010

Post by VegasNath »

I have the opportunity to download (Genuine) Office Professional Plus 2010 for a peanuts price. If I choose to upgrade, then I would want to dispose of Office 2003 which I currently have installed. However I would want to retain Excel 2003.

Any overall opinions or thoughts on 2010 as a package? Or suggestions on the approach to upgrade? Warnings, do's, dont's etc......

Much appreciated!
:wales: Nathan :uk:
There's no place like home.....

JoeP
SilverLounger

Re: Office Professional Plus 2010

Post by JoeP »

I think Office 2010 is a very good product. It is solid. I've not had any users complaining about it.

Unless you've played with Office 2007, the Ribbon interface will require some getting used to. See Office Ribbon Find Commands - Microsoft Office for training material & guides about the Ribbon.

As part of an upgrade you get the opportunity to replace or retain your current Office install except for Outlook. There can be only one version of Outlook installed at a time.

You are going to have to be careful about any macros or VBA code you might have.

Joe
Joe

TonyE
3StarLounger

Post by TonyE »

I also got Office Professional Plus 2010 for peanuts via the home use program and I agree with Joe, I have no hesitation in recommending it. I had previously used Office 2007 so am used to the ribbon interface and now prefer it over the old menus. Microsoft have improved upon this feature since Office 2007.

A free for private use add-on that you may find useful until you get used to the ribbon interface is UBitMenu: Classic Menu and Toolbars in Office 2007 / Office 2010. It adds a ribbon to Excel, Word and PowerPoint that displays classic Office 2003 style toolbars and menus.
Tony

VegasNath
5StarLounger

Post by VegasNath »

Thankyou Gents for your positive responses, they give me a great deal of confidence!
My peanuts deal is also the home use program, can't fault it.
My concern is that my primary working tool is excel 2003 which I have at home and at work. I also have excel 2007 at work which I really need to push myself onto but I don't have the time to adapt to the new environment and be productive at the same time. I need to take the leap, but I need to adapt quickly. I dont really want to install the old menus, if the ribbon is the way forward then I have to find my way around it. Throw 2010 in to the mix at home and I could end up really confused!
:wales: Nathan :uk:
There's no place like home.....