Office Apps Disappeared

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Re: Office Apps Disappeared

Post by BobArch2 »

Hi BobH

I believe you said that you are running Office 365. An earlier note said that the app was updated 2018.10.19 as noted in your snapshot.

I also run Office 365 and had an "auto" update on 2018.10.18 ... v1809.10827.20181.

My next "auto" update was 2018.11.02 ... v1810.11001.20074.

I wonder if perhaps the "auto" update for Office 365 in your environment is being interrupted by another activity and causing your "missing apps"?

Just guessing here :shrug: :scratch:
BobH wrote:Results of the Start>Settings>Apps route. I cannot load the MS Office file.
start settings apps.PNG
Regards,
Bob

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

I finally had to install the October update to Windows 10 manually. I found instructions on a Microsoft support page. It took a couple of hours but Winver now shows the 1809 version. I've only just got it up and running. I'll report back if anything unusual happens - like MS Office apps disappearing.

Anything else I should watch for?

:cheers: :chocciebar: :thankyou:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Post by BobArch2 »

BobH wrote:I finally had to install the October update to Windows 10 manually. I found instructions on a Microsoft support page. It took a couple of hours but Winver now shows the 1809 version. I've only just got it up and running. I'll report back if anything unusual happens - like MS Office apps disappearing.

Anything else I should watch for?
If the apps disappear again I would suggest checking in the Control Panel | Programs and Features to see if your Office package was recently updated. If just updated than try to determine what other activity might have occurred around the same time. If no updates in the last few days forget my ramblings! :hairout:
Regards,
Bob