Office 2016 Not Located In 1 Group On Start Menu

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Office 2016 Not Located In 1 Group On Start Menu

Post by hlewton »

Very recently had to update to Office 2016. Looking for it on the start menu I saw that it is not there organized under a folder called Microsoft Office as I am used to seeing. I found all of its programs on the start menu listed separately and in alphabetical order. Is this how it is supposed to be or did something get messed up in its installation.

An even more important question, at least to me, is I did find a Microsoft Office folder on the start menu but is was from my previous version of Office - Office 2010. Should it still be there or should the installation of Office 2016 from Office 365 have removed it? If it should not be there should I delete that folder? If so from what I have read I must open at least one of the application's File Location. From there I assume I can delete all of those files. If I am correct will I them be able to remove that folder from the Start menu? Or would it be safe to uninstall Office Professional 2010 using the Control Panel?

The installation of Office 2016 kept my previous Outlook settings and I don't want to mess anything up so thought I'd ask these questions before doing anything silly. Perhaps Office 2016 installed from Office 365 requires my previous version of office to remain installed, I just don't know that answer, can't seem to find it on the NET. I do not intend to ever use Office 2010 again and certainly will not run 2 versions of Office on same computer. So if I can safely uninstall Office 2010 Pro without messing up Outlook or anything else it would certainly free up a lot of hard disk space.

Thanks
Regards,
hlewton

HansV
Administrator

Re: Office 2016 Not Located In 1 Group On Start Menu

Post by HansV »

1) Office 2016 lists the Office applications separately on the Start menu. The Start menu is listed in alphabetic order.
2) There should also be a folder named Microsoft Office 2016 Tools on the Start menu. Leave that alone - don't remove it.
3) You can uninstall Office 2010 if you don't want to use it anymore.
Best wishes,
Hans

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Re: Office 2016 Not Located In 1 Group On Start Menu

Post by hlewton »

I do have that Microsoft Office 2016 Tools on the Start menu folder. Thanks for the information.
Regards,
hlewton