OneNote part of Office 2007?

Caesar3
Lounger

OneNote part of Office 2007?

Post by Caesar3 »

I'm confused about Microsoft Office OneNote 2007. Truth is, I've never used it. All I know about it is what I read recently in a "How-To Geek" article online. That article showed me how to use OneNote to turn any text in pictures into editable form by OCR. That's all I needed to hear. I know my workgroup needs this stuff, and I eagerly prepared to show my colleagues what we've been missing. First, I had to find the software and launch it on my work computer. Trouble is, I can't find it, even though I use Office 2007.

Our entire headquarters uses machines that run on Win7 with Office 2007. I scoured my system for any sign of OneNote, but found none. I presume our tech support people built our machines with Office 2007 Professional (we have MS-Access), but I can't say for sure. The geeks build our systems in a secret underground laboratory. (Just kidding, but that's pretty close to the truth.) I've assumed that OneNote was available to install when they built my system, but left it off, maybe because no one knows what it's for.

I've searched the Web to find out whether OneNote comes with any version of Office 2007, but so far I haven't found any clear and explicit information. I've read that one can purchase it as a stand-alone product and download it, but our team will never allow a mere mortal to do that. I spoke with one of our techies, who told me he's never even heard of OneNote and doesn't know anyone else who's acquainted with it.

So is it reasonable to expect that our techies shoulda/coulda installed OneNote, or will I have to ask them to go buy it?

DaveA
GoldLounger

Re: OneNote part of Office 2007?

Post by DaveA »

OneNote comes with the Home and Students 2007 edition. It is NOT part of the Pro version of 2007.

BUT it is in most of the 2010 versions.
For 2010 see http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/buy/o ... 25640.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For 2007 see http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=380" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

OneNote 2007 is included in:
- Office 2007 Home and Student
- Office 2007 Ultimate
- Office 2007 Enterprise

But *not* in
- Office 2007 Basic
- Office 2007 Standard
- Office 2007 Small Business
- Office 2007 Professional

You can see which version is installed in Office button > Help, or in the Programs and Features / Add or Remove Programs control panel.

See Office 2007 (Wikipedia)
Best wishes,
Hans

Caesar3
Lounger

Post by Caesar3 »

Thank you, DaveA and HansV! I'm thinking perhaps our team installs Office 2007 Enterprise, but I can't say for sure. Now I have some information to go back to our geeks.