Green Text in Windows Explorer

Don Wells
5StarLounger

Green Text in Windows Explorer

Post by Don Wells »

This post may be in the wrong forum. If so please relocate.
    I am running Quicken 2004 on Windows XP and managed to delete my Archive folder. Fortunately I did this subsequent to making regular backups onto a Seagate FreeAgent external drive.
    When I restored the folder I found one of the sub-folders and all of its contents were displayed with a green font instead of the customary black. Can anyone tell me the signifigance of this green font?
T.I.A.
2011-09-14_2022.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards
Don

Claude
cheese lizard

Re: Green Text in Windows Explorer

Post by Claude »

Under Windows XP, a colored folder indicates that the folder is compressed to save space, at least that's how I remember it. Mine used to be blue, the color is probably depending on your theme settings.
Cheers, Claude.

Don Wells
5StarLounger

Post by Don Wells »

Claude wrote:Under Windows XP, a colored folder indicates that the folder is compressed to save space, at least that's how I remember it. Mine used to be blue, the color is probably depending on your theme settings.
Thank you Claude. :thankyou:
Regards
Don

Argus
GoldLounger

Post by Argus »

Don Wells wrote:Can anyone tell me the signifigance of this green font?
I think the default colours are green for encrypted (NTFS) files and folders; and blue for compressed dittos.

The setting is under: Tools > Folder Options > View tab (in the Folder Options dialog box), and I think it's checked by default. Advanced settings: Show Encrypted or Compressed NTFS Files in Color.

We usually see some blue files and folders under the Windows folder, i.e. compressed copies of installed and replaced files.

(It's also possible to change the colours with Tweak UI; Explorer > Colors; if the above setting is used.)
Byelingual    When you speak two languages but start losing vocabulary in both of them.

Don Wells
5StarLounger

Post by Don Wells »

Thank you Argus
Regards
Don