Sound For DVDs

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Sound For DVDs

Post by Bigaldoc »

I don't know where this belongs so since my question concerns my XP OS, here I go!

I have my sound settings at an acceptable level for Windows events and so on. But whenever I play a video DVD the sound is barely audible and I have to crank the volume control way up to get acceptable audio for a DVD.

Is there a sound setting I'm missing for playback of a DVD? Here's a shot of what my sound control panel looks like.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Sound For DVDs

Post by HansV »

Have you checked the volume control of the media player that you use to watch DVDs? For many media players, this volume control is independent of the Windows volume control.

If you have multiple media players installed, you could test whether another one plays sound louder.
Best wishes,
Hans

Doc Watson
4StarLounger

Re: Sound For DVDs

Post by Doc Watson »

I keep all my system and player volumes turned all the way up (simple to go through each one once, find and crank up the volume all the way and uncheck all mute buttons) and then use the mechanical volume control on my speakers to control the volume. I have a speaker set from Logitech with a wired remote volume control that I keep on my desk next to my keyboard. Works for me. HTH
If life gives you melons,
You may be dyslexic.