Restore sound

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Restore sound

Post by Dave Davison »

I recall having this problem quite some time ago with my last computer and seem to remember asking for help on Woody's lounge but have searched my posts and can't locate it so will ask it here. i have had quite a lot of hassle lately with my computer, such as losing the Menu bar on my browser, then the VLC player failed to function, Acrobat reader went haywire, Firefox stopped working and now I have lost the sound altogether. I am also prohibited from opening links in some web sites that I frequently access. [see second screen shot.]
I have run Avira and M.S Essential which found nothing amis but the Anti-Malware prog found 32 intruders which I duly deleted. I ran the Sytem Restore twice and have managed to get Firefox up and running again [did a reinstall] but (as the screen shot shows) the sound pointer is at zero and the tabs are grayed out. In the event that the sound card is defunct I realise I shall have to take the tower to the shop where I purchased it but is it possible for me to do some searching to ascertain if it a lesser fault which I can maybe rectify by altering settings?????/ :scratch: :scratch: Thanks Dave.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Leif
Administrator

Re: Restore sound

Post by Leif »

Dave Davison wrote:I recall having this problem quite some time ago with my last computer and seem to remember asking for help on Woody's lounge but have searched my posts and can't locate it...
Loss of sound (XP Proff SP2) » Windows Secrets Lounge came up as the 8th entry when searching there for 'lost sound'
I am also prohibited from opening links in some web sites that I frequently access. [see second screen shot.]
I suspect you mean the first screen shot?

Can you please re-post this as a separate problem please? - it is extremely confusing to have multiple questions for different issues under a single subject of 'Restore sound'. As it appears to be an Outlook problem, that would be the appropriate forum, mentioning which version of Outlook you are using.
Leif

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

It may be entirely irrelevant to your problem, but I recently had Audacity completely fail to recognise any input from my sound card, other than the microphone of my webcam. After quite a lot of faffing about I reinstalled the sound card drivers, and all was well again.
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your appointment letter indicates you won't be seeing the Consultant...

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

Thanks each...point taken Leif about posting only one question in a category.... Seems my computer was completely messed up by some malware...had the "C" drive wiped and made a fresh start so the problems are both solved. Many thanks.
Dave.

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

Dave Davison wrote:Thanks each...point taken Leif about posting only one question in a category.... Seems my computer was completely messed up by some malware...had the "C" drive wiped and made a fresh start so the problems are both solved. Many thanks.
Dave.
Another vote for Drive Imaging! :fanfare:
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.